The IC-F5062/F6062 advanced VHF/UHF mobile series has the capability to work on a variety of existing radio systems and together with the IC-F3162/F4162 VHF/UHF advanced handheld transceiver series and the IC-FR5100/IC-FR6100 repeater series can become an integral part of a sophisticated network.
Two versions available
Two transceivers make up this new family. The IC-F5062 for VHF and the IC-F6062 for UHF.
What’s in the box?
- IC-F5062 or F6062 transceiver body
- IC-HM152 rugged, fist microphone with mounting clip
- Black coated steel mounting bracket
- DC power lead – fused
- Screw and fixing kit
…….and of course, supplied fully programmed and configured to your licence.
Enhanced voting function
Operating modes such as conventional mode and voting mode are programmed according to the memory zone. Once you program the voting mode to a memory zone, you can easily start voting mode operation by changing the zone setting.
- Voting group name and voted channel name can be displayed
- Re-vote after talk function … Automatically restart vote scanning when a call is finished.
Lone worker function
The lone worker function is a substitute for the man down function. When the radio is not operated for a preset period (1 to 255 minutes), the radio sounds a beep and requires you to push a button. If a button is not pushed, an emergency signal is automatically transmitted and informs a co-worker or controller that something may have happened to the individual worker.
Detachable front panel
The optional RMK-3 and separation cable* allow you to detach the front panel from the main unit. This provides a variety of mounting possibilities for the transceiver. *Optional RMK-3 and one of either OPC-607/608/609 is required.
Dot matrix, multi-function LCD
A dot matrix LCD is for the function display. Up to 24 characters can be displayed with the option of a 1 or 2 line display. LCD backlighting is standard.
Front mounted loud speaker
The IC-F5062 series has a front mounted speaker. With the speaker facing the operator, audio sounds can be clearly heard without impediment during operation.
512 memory channels, 128 memory banks
Up to 512 memory channels can be divided into 128 memory banks that allow you quick access to the intended channel. Each memory channel stores a variety of settings, such as output power, tone frequency, scan list etc. Wide, middle, narrow channel spacing is programmable per channel.
The solid die-cast chassis and polycarbonate front panel are resistant to shock and vibration. The remote control unit has water resistant construction equivalent to IP54, providing reliable operation in harsh conditions.
Most popular analog signalling built-in
The IC-F5062 series has 2-Tone, 5-Tone, DTMF, CTCSS, DTCS and BIIS1200 signaling capabilities as standard for group communication or selective calling.
BIIS 1200 compatible
The following selective calling and data message features are available:
- Up to 95-character SDM (Short Data Message)
- 8 SDM transmit memories (Up to 12-characters each)
- 24-status messages
- Own ID and 7 Group IDs registration
- Digital ANI (Automatic Number Identification)
- Max. 6 received SDM and message history and max. 3 received call history capability
- Alphanumeric memories show memory name, instead of calling number
- Position data transmission with a GPS receiver
Multiple 2-Tone, 5-Tone signalling
The IC-F5062 series can decode ten 2-Tone codes or eight 5-Tone codes on a channel. When a matched tone is received, many actions are programmable for each code such as beep sounds, bell icons, answer back calls, external out, ringer sound, stun/kill radio, scans etc. 40 pairs of CTCSS/DTCS memory channels are also available.
Enhanced Scanning features
The following scanning features allow easier migration from other brand radios to the Icom radio.
- Mode dependent scan … when the user changes the operating channel, the scanning list automatically changes following that channel setting.
- Tx channel programmable … The Tx channel is the channel the radio transmits on when user pushes the PTT button while scanning. The Tx channel can be programmable per scanning list from start, last detected, priority and preprogrammed channels.
- Talk back function … allows you to transmit on the channel detected when scanning stops or soon after scanning resumes, prior to the Tx channel setting.
- Talk back timer beep … alerts you of the end of the talk back time with a beep sound.
- Nuisance delete … User can temporary skip a busy channel from the scanning list.
- Monitor key action … User can stop a scan when pushing the monitor button.
The IC-F5062 series has a built-in inversion type voice scrambler. The optional UT-109R/UT-110R are available when a securer voice scrambler system is required.
- Built-in audio compander Microphone hanger action programmable (Scan, monitor, priority channel)
- Power on password
- ±1.0ppm frequency stability
- Embedded ESN
- D-SUB 25 pin ACC connector for connecting various external devices